How do you know when you lose your mucus plug?

Q. I am 34.4 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy and I was wondering, how do you know when you lose your mucus plug? What is it or what does it look like?

A. it was almost looked like spotting and some of it seemed like a clear discharge with pink. u will know when u lose it when u feel "wet" like as if u had a lot of discharge come out. the mucous plug is a small amount of fluid that seals the cervix (opening of ur uterus).


Can your mucus plug have a brown tint to it?
Q. I'm not sure if it was my mucus plug or not, but I just went to the bathroom and notice a some what large snot like discharge on my underwear. When I wiped it off it had a brown tint to it. With my first pregnancy my mucus plug was more clear with a slight blood streak in it. So I'm not sure if this too is my mucus plug or just normal discharge.

Thanks ladies for your answers.

A. My mucus plug with my first had brown in it --- especially if I had just recently had a cervical exam or had sex. Brown is just old blood.

This pregnancy my mucus plug hasn't had any tint to it --- just yellowish/clearish mucus.


It can range anywhere from clear to yellow ... and with small amounts of pink, red or brown blood in it ... or none at all.


Can somebody explain,if mucus plug is broken can be seen by ultrasound?
Q. If the mucus plug is broken early in pregnancy can be detected by abdominal ultrasound, can be seen there or it can be seen by another way?
If you walk to much can mucus plug be broken?

A. It Can't Be 'Broken' But 'Lost'.
It Cannot Be Seen By Ultrasound But You Can Have An Examination By Your Midwife Or Doctor To See If You Have Lost It.


X


How long after loosing your mucus plug did you go into labor?
Q. I know every pregnancy is different but I just want an idea of how soon after? I was reading a few different websites this morning and all of them said labor usually starts a week or 2 after the lose of the mucus plug. Is that true for you?

I just lost mine this morning around 3:30am.
And I am one day shy of 36 weeks if that matters.
Also how far along where you?

A. i lost my mucous plus the morning of may 5th. i was in labour by midnight, and had my baby boy before noon may 6th





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment