to a friend of mine fallopian tube was removed suspecting tubal pregnancy and a DNC was done .Why?

Q. to a friend of mine fallopian tube was removed suspecting tubal pregnancy and a cleaning of uterus was done .What might be the reason?

A.


Where can I find more information about a ruptured Fallopian Tube found in a newborn?
Q. All I can find is information about tubal (ectopic) pregnancies. What about ruptured Fallopian tubes in non-pregnant woman and babies?

I ask because I know a person who as a 28-day old baby had to have surgery to repair it and now wants to know more about it and whether it will effect her ability to become pregnant. She wants to gather some info before seeing a doctor about it, but I can't find anything for her.

A. I am so sorry about your friend. I had an ectopic pregnancy and it was SO painful. Hm, I would try a women's site like ivillage.com or Google it. Or maybe ask your own gynocologist about it and where you can find info about it.


I only have 1 fallopian tube but both ovaries, Would I be fertile at any time?
Q. I only have 1 fallopian tube left (as I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have it removed) but both ovaries still. I have read that one ovary works one month and the other ovary the next. Is this true? and if so could I conceive any month or only alternate months? as I know the fallopian tube picks egg up and pushes it to the uterus. My husband and I are trying to conceive now and I wasn't sure if I was actually fertile (so to speak) each month.

A. I am 32 yrs. old and 19 weeks pregnant and have only one fallopian tube due to an ovarian cyst I had removed in my early 20s (I still have both ovaries). In my case, I thought it would take a while to become pregnant, but we surprisingly conceived in about 5 months. During that time, I could not tell which side I was ovulating from, as couldn't really feel anything on either side, or else it was from both sides at once. When I had my surgery years ago, the doctor said it was still very likely I could still conceive, but maybe longer than those with both tubes. He also said it was rare but possible that the egg from the ovary without the tube could migrate to the other tube and be conceived that way. I don't know how it the pregnancy happened, but we just tried every month when I was ovulating, even though I didn't know which ovary it was coming from. Every woman is different obviously, but I am proof that you can get pregnant even with one tube. I wish you the best of luck!


How long was your hospital stay after laprascopic fallopian tube surgery?
Q. If anyone has had fallopian tube surgery or a removal of a fallopian tube laprascopically, how long were you in the hospital afterwards? I have lots of other health problems along with my infertility, and i'm hoping i don't get sent home too quick.

A. a friend of mine had a tubal pregnancy removed by laprascopic surgery and sent home the same day after recovery and she is doing fine.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment