How long does it take for your mucus plug to pass?

Q. I am 8 months pregnant and on Thursday I went to the doctor and he told me I had passed my mucus plug and I am 2 cm dilated. About 10 minutes ago I went to the bathroom, and I peed. When I wiped myself there was a little spot of what looked like mucus. Is my mucus plug still passing? This is my first pregnancy so I'm confused.

A. i was reading on google that sometimes if a woman that is pregnant has alot more discharge than normal she may not notice the mucus plug passing... because it varies in look... mucusy, watery, tinged with blood, brown, pink....... its all different. but if the doc said that you "passed" it already then thats that i guess....


How do you know when you lose the mucus plug? And what is it?
Q. This is my first pregnancy and I've heard about the mucus plug here on yahoo answers. I've been reading what to expect when you're expecting every month but I haven't gotten to that part. I'm 28 weeks and have a lot of white discharge sometimes. It is thicker than regular vaginal discharge and smells stronger. Is that the mucus plug??? Should I be concerned? I will talk to my doctor about this.

A. When you lose your mucus plug, it may be a little or a lot of gel like material. It will may be in a glob, stringy or just wetness. The mucus plug is clear to yellow-brownish in color, but may also be pinkish.Losing your mucus plug does not necessarily mean you are in labor. This can occur up to two weeks before labor begins. This can also occur right as labor is beginning. You will have to wait and see if you have any other signs of labor. Such as your water breaks or you begin to have contractions.


how long after losing your mucus plug did labour start?
Q. hi. i'm 38 weeks 5 days along into my pregnancy. on the 30th march i had the first 'show' of my mucus plug. since then every time i go to the toilet and wipe i have more of it in my pants and on the tissue. I have had a little bit of tightening but nothing yet that's convincing of labour. how long after loosing your mucus plug did u go into labour?

A. my mom lost her mucus plug two distinct times before going into labor 2 weeks after the second time. The mucus plug is not the best indicator of when you will go into labor because it can regenerate itself.


how soon after i pass mucus plug will labor start?
Q. Passed my mucus plug this afternoon this I'm positive of. My due date was yesterday. This is second pregnancy. First baby was 4 days early. Been having alot of Braxton Hicks. Last Monday dr checked cervix and said nothings happened yet and come back in a week. I know no matter what delivery won't be much longer. Just wondering any estimate of how long before true labor begins after mucus plug passed.

A. Ive been loosing small pieces of my plug for weeks now(hasnt had blood in it). Well im 9 days late and STILL pregnant...





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment