how long does it take to develop ectopic pregnancy symptoms? ?

Q. I am about 5 weeks pregnant and I was wondering how long it takes to develop ectopic pregnancy symptoms...I have shoulder and neck pain (muscular) cramping, achy belly and occassional ovarian pain like a shooting pain...similar to when I have cysts...Does this sound bad or like a normal pregnancy? I have no fever and no bleeding. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, but wondered if I should go to ER.

A. Could be normal, but pay attention to your body. Shoulder pain can be caused by retaining fluid which you do while pregnant. With my ectopic my pain started very mild and grew severe fairly quickly. I didn't have any shoulder pain with it. About 5 or 6 hours after the pain started I started to spot. The pain was so severe that there was no question in my mind that I needed to go to the ER. The thing I remember most is that I felt like I had to go to the bathroom and it hurt so bad to try to have a BM that I had to stop trying.


How soon could I have symptoms of ectopic pregancy?
Q. How soon could I have ectopic pregnancy symptoms and what would the symptoms be? Could a pain on my lower left side that is minor for the past few days be a symptom? I am only 3 to 4 weeks pregnant. Could I be worried about nothing??

A. If you're worried go and see your gp. They will have better answers then anyone on here.


What are the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy?
Q. What are the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy? Would you feel the pains early on like before missed period? How severe are the pains and are they only felt on one side?

A. I had an ectopic 2 years ago. symptoms are should pain, pain concentrated on one side, and cramping. You may have only one or you may have them all. If you think it is ectopic you need to see a doctor right away. if your tube bursts you could die from internal bleeding. Personally I had no symptoms until the end where I started bleeding and my doctor thought I was just having a miscarriage. He scheduled me for a d&c and laporscopy and on the day of my surgery my tube started to burst. I had no pain or symptoms only that I started to have signs of a miscarriage. Please be safe and see a doctor. It is not worth the chance. Also, having an ectopic does not ruin your chances of ever conceiving a healthy baby so don't be discouraged if it happens. Like I said I had an ectopic 2 years ago and I am pregnant with a healthy baby now. We are 19 weeks pregnant. It may take longer but the reward is so worth the wait and I would not change anything!


How does one differentiate between stomach pain from taking Plan B and stomach pain from an ectopic pregnancy?
Q. Stomach pain is a typical side effect of taking Plan B but there is also a small risk for an ectopic pregnancy, which has a symptom of stomach pain. How does one tell the difference? What other symptoms would indicate an ectopic pregnancy rather than just typical side effects of Plan B? Thanks.

A. Plan B prevents pregnancy just days after the woman has sex. An ectopic pregnancy takes just as long to implant as a normal pregnancy, 7-10 days. An ectopic pregnancy has pain located mostly on one side and may move to the center of the abdomen. It's extremely tender and the woman may have nausea and dizzyness. Hope that helps.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment