37 weeks, Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (now in control), What complications my baby can face?

Q. Hi,

Doctor detected Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy, on 32 weeks and now it is controlled by medicines. Now no more itching, but i am still on medicine.

I am 37 weeks pregnant and exited to see my babay soon. Please suggest me if i need to consider anything for my baby as i my pregnancy is Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy.

Thank you
Regards

A. Congrats for the expected baby. In part of my research of all the things that could happen while pregnant, I found this website that could be helpful for you.

http://www.itchymoms.com/


Is it possible to have cholestasis of pregnancy if you've had your gallbladder removed?
Q. I had to have my gall bladder removed when I was 6 weeks pregnant due to gallstones and elevated liver enzymes. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and having symptoms of cholethasis but was wondering if that was possible seeing I've had my gallbladder removed?

A. ask your Dr


Has anyone had or have Cholestasis during pregnancy and what was/is the outcome?
Q. I've been itchy for about a week now but since last night developed big rashes all over my body and fear I might have that I'm going in to see my doctor today but wanted to know more about it from weman who actually have it or got it during pregnancy. Thank you so much for sharing....:)

A. I've already "spoken" with you about my experience, but I'll try to go into a little more detail.

I actually "journaled" both of my pregnancies, so I know exactly when the itching started with my first. It started when I was about 7 weeks pregnant as a rash on my upper arms only. From there it spread across my chest, down my belly, and then down my legs. I actually scratched myself bloody at points.

My ob-gyn sent me to a dermatologist, who found nothing wrong with the standard blood tests (they did not do the needed tests for cholestasis). I was prescribed two different creams but neither helped. On the third trip in, they did a skin biopsy of one of the rashy bumps, and again found nothing. By that time I was about 6 months pregnant, and I looked like I had the plague or something. The itch kept me up at night even. I would wake up scratching with the sheets all bloody.

It did start to slack off a little when I was about 30 weeks, but then my daughter was born right at 32 weeks gestation. The itching immediately stopped after she was born, and a different doctor was the one that actually diagnosed the cholestasis postpartum. I also had hypertension, (often associated with cholestasis) and gestational diabetes with her.

I did not have any of the problems with my son that I had with my daughter, even though they say that if you have cholestasis with one you will have it with subsequent pregnancies. Go figure. I was much healthier with my second than I was with my first, so maybe that had something to do with it.


has anyone ever had obstetric cholestasis or pre eclampsia?
Q. heya i had it with my daughter and am planning another child but am really really scared i will get it again, i also had gall stones and pre eclampsia with that pregnancy and was induced at 38 weeks and ended up with a c section because of it . if anyone has had more than one baby and had the condition could you please fill me in. also stories of your exp would be nice for both as i just want something to NOT be worried about

A. yes you can get everything again, you will tend to find people who have never had these problems think they know more, speak to your doctor, they will tell you that with every pregnancy there is risks of everything whether youve had them before or never! I myself had a perfectly healthy first pregnancy, which due to being overdue and baby being in distress, i too had to have an emergency c-section. Im now currently pregnant with my second child (36wks) and iv had every problem there is! Im being induced monday thanks to Cholestasis - But even tho my first pregnancy resulted in a c-section, and the fact that i have cholestasis, there is no reason why i cant try natural! I have the choice whether to be induced and try natural or to go to theatre for a section (i still havent decided what to do!!).
Dont let people or whats happened scare you, if we all let these things bother us we'd never have children. Listen to your heart and if you want more kids go for it... Your doctor will look after you (iv had fortnightly checkups with an obstetrician all thru my pregnancy as well as scans once a month!) SO long as you keep up to date with your apointments, you will be fine. And you will be in the best hands if they were to think something wasnt right.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment