For women who have had an etopic pregnancy?

Q. I have a question for women who have had an etopic pregnancy. How far along were you when you started having symptoms?? What were your first symptoms?

I have an IUD so I have not had a period since Nov 2005 so I can't base anything off my lmp. After I started thinking I might be pregnant I checked and I am not able to feel the strings like you are supposed to. I have been having very bad heartburn & headaches for the last week or so. My stomach has been hurting really bad on the right side as well as my right shoulder into my neck.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

A. I had an ectopic pregnancy in April 05. I didnt even know that I was pregnant. I had a normal period and then spotting followed for a month afterwards. Concerned I went to my obgyn to get checked and I was told that it's probably just from stress and nothing more then that. Yes I know..I now know better. So another 2 weeks went by and the pain that I had in my lower right side intesified to the point that it stopped me from what I was doing (teaching preschoolers). My leg went numb and I had to sit down. That's when I immediately went to my obgyn again and tests were done that I was indeed pregnant and an ultrasound revealed that I had an ectopic pregnancy in my right tube, hence the intense pain that I was having. I was given a shot to clear up the pregnancy and then in Oct of 05 I was pregnant and 9 mos later gave birth to a beautiful little boy that is now 13 months.


what does the ER do when you think you may have a etopic pregnancy?
Q. I am having cramping almost like period cramps and I want to go to the er to make sure that it is not a etopic pregnancy...i just found out last night so i have not meet up with a doctor yet...I want to go to the er to play it safe...but how can they find out if it is a etopic pregnancy?

A. They'll do an ultrasound. Ectopic pregnancies don't present until your at least 6 weeks - so if your less then 6 weeks i wouldn't get too worried. I had terrible cramping with my first pregnancy. I didn't know i was pregnant but had horrible cramps and went to the er. I found out there i was pregnant but they said it wasn't ectopic because i was too early.


how long does it take to get your period after etopic pregnancy?
Q. i had an etopic pregnancy 4 months ago.i had one baby that stopped growing in my right tube before it did damage and another in my uterus. i went for rechecks and everything was fine. however i still not have gotten a period. is that normal i'm worried. i been having thick mucus like discharge with brown in it. i'm starting to worry only cuz it's not here and i've been feeling sick alot since then. like depending on a certian food after eating it i'm throwing up or either just sick. i brought up my concerns and my doctor just tells me not to worry about it. i get stomache cramps that feel like i'm gonna get my period but nothing is there. plus i lost alot of weight since then. i'm just worried can someone please help me out.

A. consider getting a second opinion


Is cramping during the early part of your pregnancy a bad sign?
Q. I'm 7weeks pregnant & my stomach been cramping on and off.I'm a 1st time mom ! Is this a sign of a etopic pregnancy?

A. Cramping can be from a number of things...when I was pregnant, I hurt in my side and was convinced it was an etopic pregnancy. It wasn't...baby was fine. But serious cramping needs to be checked out immediately by a doctor.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment