is stomach cramps and uncontrollable diarrhea normal during pregnancy?

Q. I am currently about 4 months pregnant. For the passed 5 days i've been having uncontrollable diarrhea. I've also been getting random really bad stomach cramps for the passed 2 days, that last just a few seconds. I think the stomach cramps have to do with horrible gas. Are these symptoms normal or is something wrong? If something is wrong, what are the possibilities that it could be?

A. I would actually call your OB tomorrow -

While its normal to have diarrhea during pregnancy it shouldn't last 5 days

Your body does one of two things when pregnant - it either speeds way down and you get constipated or it speeds way up and you get diarrhea - but diarrhea for 5 straight days isn't normal


Is it normal to have diarrhea during pregnancy?
Q. I am 25 weeks. For the past couple week I've been having diarrhea. Is this normal?

A. Yes it's normal.......
Good luck and congrats in your pregnancy!


Is it normal do have diarrhea during early pregnancy?
Q. I know this may be (TMI) but i'm curious. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and i've experienced constipation throughout the past couple of weeks. I just went to the bathroom and had diarrhea. Is this normal or should I be concerned? What i think off set it was the smell of fried fish being cooked by my parents. Any ideas?

A. I've had diarrhea a few different times since being pregnant. I didn't see it as being a problem. I don't think you should either. Drink a little more water than normal and keep an eye on it... If it gets severe, visit your doc. Otherwise, diarrhea, vomiting, gas, bloating, constipation, nausea... It's all part of the joy of being pregnant. :)

Good luck! xoxo.


How many days of diarrhea do I have to endure before labor starts?
Q. Ok. I've had diarrhea off and on for a week now. Now regular bowels at all. How long do I have to endure this before labor starts?

A. I've had diarrhea off & on through out my pregnancy (currently 33 weeks)....It was a stomach virus at 1st & now it's just my prenatals....Just make sure you are getting enough fluids & electrolytes...& make sure your Dr. knows





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment