Whats the deal with getting a pregnancy scan as a visitor in the UK?

Q. Hi, I'm travelling to the London in a couple of weeks and I need to get a pregnancy scan while Im over there. Can someone please tell me what I need to do? Where can I go to get it done? What is the proceedure for an overseas visitor? Any information you or contacts you can give me would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

A. You need to register with a general practitioner (primary care physician) as a temporary resident-make sure that you have your ante-natal notes-They will assess you and arrange U/S at local hospital as necessary-also important to know how long in UK.
Ask where you are staying about local GP. Lists available in any public library-also in local phone books

Incidentally you would NOT be eligible for NHS treatment as it is not an emergency but a preexisting condition likewise delivery


How do you ladies ttc get through the wait before testing for pregnancy?
Q. I'm 11 days past ovulation now and going crazy wondering if I am pregnant. I've had all the symptoms of my last pregnancies so I think I am, but not knowing is driving me crazy. I tested Thursday afternoon, but it was negative. I'm checking in the morning again at 12 dpo and hoping I get a positive. We'll see. Anyway, how do you other ladies ttc manage to not go crazy waiting to test? It's my first month trying and I'm already going insane!

A. just a day at a time...I remember waiting to test...and now im due my baby in 10 days time, its the same kind of waiting, lol I wish there was a test that told you when labour was near! When testing for pregnancy I bought a batch of early test strips from Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRIVATE-25-ULTRA-EARLY-10-mIU-NHS-PREGNANCY-TESTS-/150551258268?pt=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item230d8de49c#ht_4296wt_648 - really cheap for lots! I tested so early that even those tests had a very faint positive line, I took one every day for another week, got the same faint line so I "thought" I was pregnant, then I bought a clearblue dig response with conception indicator and it told me I had only conceived 1-2 weeks!


When during pregnancy do you first see an ObGyn in UK?
Q. I have only been living in UK for a year (I am South African) and am still getting to grips with NHS and what to expect. I am 12 weeks preggers with my first and am having my dating / nuchal scan on Thursday. So far I have only seen a not-very-impressive midwife. Who and when can I expect to see from now on?

A.


What is the best pregnancy calendar?
Q. I've tried Google pregnancy and some others, but I was wondering what was the best one around?

A. I like this one. NHS though.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment