Would taking antibiotics at the start of a pregnancy cause any problems?

Q. I started a course of two types of antibiotics, ibuprofen tablets and paracetamol 3 days after conception. In total I had to take 13 pills a day for 8 days. At the time it didn't even occur to me that I was pregnant because I was so ill. Now I know 100% I'm pregnant I'm very worried about all the pills that I had to take. Would they have any effects on the baby? I don't want to have harmed it. Can these tablets harm a fetus? What should I do?

A. Most ot the time, medications do not harm the fetus, but I would definitely tell your OB this so that he/she knows. They will also be able to let you know of any possible side effects, or birth defects with the meds.


At what week in pregnancy do the headache symptoms start?
Q. Do they the headaches start at about 5-6-7 weeks in early pregnancy? & whats it caused by. . . .

A. Experiencing headaches during pregnancy is one of the most common discomforts and complaints. Headaches may occur at any time during your pregnancy, but they tend to be most common during the first and third trimesters.

An increase in headaches during the first trimester is believed to be caused by the surge of hormones along with an increase in the blood volume circulating throughout your body. These headaches may be further aggravated by stress, poor posture or changes in your vision.

Headaches during the third trimester tend to be related more to poor posture and tension from carrying extra weight. Headaches during the third trimester may also be caused by a condition called preeclampsia, which is high blood pressure during pregnancy.

If you are not able to prevent headaches, there are still things that you can do to help them go away. During pregnancy, you want to try and relieve your headache by natural means if possible. Pain relief medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen are not recommended in most pregnancies; however, acetaminophen may be reccommended by your health care provider


Is there anyway to prevent lactation during pregnancy for those who choose to bottle feed?
Q. I had two bad experiences in breast feeding and have sense gotten silicone implants and will definitely not breast feed this time around. In my fifth week of my pregnancy currently. Looking for solutions. How is lactation prevented? Please help.

A. I actually started out breast feeding my little bundle, especially because he was a preemie so my milk was Crucial to his speedy recovery. But, after he came home from the NICU I had to pump and feed him for a few weeks. After 2 weeks I got a bad infection due to my saline implants. I produced too much milk and it pushed my implants to the side causing them to block my milk ducts, causing it to infect and cause a lot of pain. Therefore I had no choice but to switch to formula. Now, I found it was easiest to buy one of those corsets for the stomach, but just lift it more to the top and have it compress your breasts. And I took two small towelettes and placed them on the inside of my bra. And had that pressing it tightly down causing the milk to stop producing and coming out. It takes about 3 days total for the milk to stop producing maybe a day or two give or take. And the pain stops after a day or so. And since you wont breast feed you can take some ibuprofen for the swelling. And put some cold compresses. And warm showers helped. But make sure you have it compressed and pressed down so the milk stops. Hope this helps, my baby transitioned just fine, the first day was a little bit of a issue but hes adjusted and loves his milk and I feel so relieved and happier.


Is it bad to take ibuprofen during pregnancy?
Q. I'm around 1-2 months pregnant and I have an ear infection and it hurts a lot so I'm wondering if its safe to take ibuprofen??

A. Its not bad during the first 2 months - most Dr.'s will say Tylenol only so that you don't forget and continue to take it when you're not suppose too which is during the 3rd trimester.

Use of the drug in 3rd trimester causes constriction of pulmonary artery to aorta ductus arteriosus with subsequent pulmonary hypertension and oligohydramnios by affecting fetal renal function. It also Inhibits labor, prolongs pregnancy.
http://safefetus.com/search.php/index/details/DrugId/178/TradeName/Advil/TradeId/4047





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment