What medications are safe to take during pregnancy?

Q. I am not sure what medications are safe to use during pregnancy.

Like advil, tylonol.. asprin... Im having some severe stomach pains, every 4 hours im starving i have to set an alarm so that i can get up and eat or i will be sick. But for after the morning sickness. what drugs or medications can i take that are safe to use during the first trimester.?

Thank you

A. Here's the whole list of OTC meds my Dr. gave me when I found out I was pregnant of stuff that's ok to take while pregnant,if it's not ok in first trimester,there's a note next to it.

Nasal congestion:
Actifed
Contac
Dristan
Sudafed
Tylenol Cold (any type of tylenol cold)

Cough:
Robitussin
Robitussin DM
House brand expectorant (any store brand)

Pain or Fever:
Tylenol (Regular or extra strength)

Heartburn or Sour Stomach:
Maalox
Mylanta
Rolaids
Tums

Constipation:
Colace

Diarrhea:
Imodium AD (don't take before 15 weeks)

Nausea:
Phenergan tablets or capsules


What is a normal temperature during pregnancy?
Q. I know your body temperature goes up during pregnancy but what is normal? mine has been between 101 and 102. I'm 34 weeks pregnant

A. Not sure what that temperature is. Im aussie so we go by a different method.. Everyones temperature is different but if this is a high temperature for you than go and consult with a dr because high temperatures during pregnancy are not safe for the baby and it could be treated by taking panadol to reduce fever.


Is it dangerous to have a sore throat, cough and colds with mild fever during pregnancy?
Q. My sore throat is not that bad, it is only aching but not too much compared before back when im not pregnant. I also have cough and colds with mild fever. But my head is aching too much since the day I had an implantion bleeding that lasted only almost a day. I didn't take any medicine at all aside from Vicks rubbed at my back. And now I'm eating oranges and drinking juice and lots of water. Is this normal or is this something to worry about. Thank you in advance.

A. My midwife said to go to the doctor if I have a fever of 100+ and am unable to bring it down after taking Tylenol.


Is it normal to have a low grade fever during pregnancy?
Q. Im 24 weeks along. I have had night sweats on occasion. Right now I have a fever of 99.5. I have been eating normally, no headache or stomach ache I'm just concerned about the fever. Is this normal?

A. Your temp is usually about 1 degree higher when you're pregnant.. since normal temp is 98.6 degree's, having a 99.5 degree temp is not a fever... it's normal.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment