Can Indian women travel from India to the UK to give birth for free?

Q. because the NHS is free, i want to benefit from it, also i want to get the British citizenship for me and my baby and my husband also my mom.

Answer it.

A. No you cannot travel from India to the UK to give birth for free.

The NHS is only free for non UK residents for emergencies. A pregnancy is not considered an emergency.

f you are pregnant, you would not be granted a visa to travel anywhere near the due date UNLESS you have arranged for a private medical birth in the UK and have the documents and proof of funds as evidence.

It is a popular misconception that the NHS is free. It is not. UK residents pay through their National Insurance contributions and taxes for the privilege of non-charged health care. Basically if you don't pay in - you can't use the facility.

To access free NHS care you would need to be registered with a NHS doctor's surgery and to become registered, you would need to prove legal residence in the UK.

On the subject of British citizenship for your child, you are 27 years too late. Since 1 Jan 1983, anyone born in the UK must have a British parent or a parent legally settled in the UK to be British. Even if the child was able to claim British citizenship, it would give no rights to any other family member, even its mother, to British citizenship.


How far along were you before you got your first u/s scan on the NHS?
Q. I'm currently at 14 weeks and still don't have a date for my "12 week" scan. I'm going on holiday in less than 2 weeks so if it's after that it will be 19 weeks. Is anyone else having the same with the NHS?

A. once i had had my pregnancy confirmed at the doctors i was provided with a password and then i was able to go online and book my appointment on the nhs website with our local womens hospital for my first scan.

have you been to the doctors yet? you may even want to try and just book one with the hospital direct you should really try and get in there before you go on holiday because when you get back you'll be ready for your 20 week scan.

good luck xx


What's the possibility of being pregnant in my situation?
Q. I've taken Ortho tricyclen for over 2 years. I recently had unprotected sex on the last day of my period (I took the last green inactive pill the day before), which is also when I took the first white pill in my pack. Is their a possibility of pregnancy?

A. 50% .. i didnt even read your question...

I'm sorry but your answer is simple - GET A PREGNANCY TEST and pee on it =P

How on earth does anyone here know about your body? The only way to know for sure is taking a test, and for stuff as serious as this, definately do it very soon.

The next time you walk past a chemist, just buy one, or go to one of those NHS walk in clinics

Gooood luck =D


How to improve body changes after pregnancy?
Q. Hi! Is there anyone there who could tell me successful body recovery after pregnancy? I gave a birth to my son 2 years ago, I am size 8-10 now and was all the way along just after the pregnancy, but my breasts are a lot saggier after breastfeeding for a year, cos they were huge 38DD on my tiny body. And also I still have very unatractive belly - not big, but like a pooch ,and also when I do exercises or sneez, it is impossible to hold the urine flow, is that normal? Its 2 years down the line after pregnancy, maybe I could have operation done on NHS? Has anyone done that before? What happens then, when you have more than one child? Do you need to wear pants forever and your boobs sag that you can not even see your belly? And all the rest and your belly, after more than one child, even doing exercises, it is probably impossible to get back into shape, or you have different experiences ladies?

A. I cannot answer about the sagging breasts, as mine recovered following breast feeding and weight reduction. Here's what I did, and it worked for me to restore my figure. I started an exercise program. I did lots of aerobic workouts (brisk walking, bike riding, running) as well as calisthenics. To regain my abdominal strength and shape, I did lots of sit-ups and leg lifts. To rebuild my upper body, I worked out with dumb bells. To cope with your urine flow issue, do Kegel exercises. Try this link for directions on how to do Kegel exercises: http://www.childbirth.org/articles/kegel.html
Hope this helps - it certainly helped me to feel "normal" again!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment