Is diarrhea a normal part of morning sickness?

Q. I just found out I am pregnant. My first doctor appointment isn't for over a month. I am having a little bit of diarrhea. I feel a little sick to my stomach too. Could this be part of morning sickness? Has anyone else had diarrhea during early pregnancy? I think I'm about 5 weeks.

A. I hope it is, because I just had it last night, and I puked at the same time, I have never done that before. My breast have never been this sore before either, so I am hoping that is a symptom. I would deal with this everyday to be pregnant. I hope you feel better soon. Drink some ginger ale and eat some saltine crackers, it helps.


Is it normal do have diarrhea during early pregnancy?
Q. I know this may be (TMI) but i'm curious. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and i've experienced constipation throughout the past couple of weeks. I just went to the bathroom and had diarrhea. Is this normal or should I be concerned? What i think off set it was the smell of fried fish being cooked by my parents. Any ideas?

A. I've had diarrhea a few different times since being pregnant. I didn't see it as being a problem. I don't think you should either. Drink a little more water than normal and keep an eye on it... If it gets severe, visit your doc. Otherwise, diarrhea, vomiting, gas, bloating, constipation, nausea... It's all part of the joy of being pregnant. :)

Good luck! xoxo.


How many days of diarrhea do I have to endure before labor starts?
Q. Ok. I've had diarrhea off and on for a week now. Now regular bowels at all. How long do I have to endure this before labor starts?

A. I've had diarrhea off & on through out my pregnancy (currently 33 weeks)....It was a stomach virus at 1st & now it's just my prenatals....Just make sure you are getting enough fluids & electrolytes...& make sure your Dr. knows


Can your digestive tract speed up during pregnancy?
Q. I've been having a lot of lower digestive problems, like (excuse me for being icky) diarrhea and stuff. Havent changed my eating habits or anything and I was wondering if being pregnant can speed up your digestive tract. I know it can slow it down and make you constipated but can it speed it up?

A. It's not necessarily that your digestive tract speeds up but typically due to hormonal changes, you'll get diarrhea during pregnancy. I've had more of a problem with diarrhea than I have constipation. Any time you have a surge in hormones that your body isn't used to, diarrhea can be the result. I remember when I stopped taking birth control last year, I had severe diarrhea for about 2 weeks. It was just because of the hormone swap. You're welcome to take Immodium during pregnancy if you need to. If your diarrhea is severe, you need to see your doctor to make sure you don't get dehydrated. Good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment