Has anyone on birth control pills experienced itching all over your body (cholestasis?

Q. Also, if you've ever been pregnant, did you have itching all over/cholestasis (ICP) during your pregnancy? I had ICP during pregnancy and OB says I can never take pills b/c it can cause same itchy problem as I had while prego.

A. Hi! I had ICP with my first pregnancy, it started at 28 weeks. It's horrible, isn't it? After my son was induced at 38 weeks my doctor put me on micronor, a progesterone only pill. I didn't itch at all, and it's a good pill to be on if you plan to nurse. I had no problems with my milk supply, and my fertility returned at about 9 months.

Rarely women do report itching while on the pill. Yahoo has a great group, itchymoms, who helped me alot.

24 weeks, 6 days and no sign of ICP yet (knock on wood).


37 weeks, Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (now in control), What complications my baby can face?
Q. Hi,

Doctor detected Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy, on 32 weeks and now it is controlled by medicines. Now no more itching, but i am still on medicine.

I am 37 weeks pregnant and exited to see my babay soon. Please suggest me if i need to consider anything for my baby as i my pregnancy is Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy.

Thank you
Regards

A. Congrats for the expected baby. In part of my research of all the things that could happen while pregnant, I found this website that could be helpful for you.

http://www.itchymoms.com/


Okay to masterbate with this pregnancy condition?
Q. I was recently diagnosed with cholestasis at 36 weeks (this week) and tried masterbating and when I finished I experienced light cramping. Just wondering if I should take precaution. The doctor didn't give me instructions to do otherwise but I wanted to know if anyone knew more information?

A.


Is it possible to have cholestasis of pregnancy if you've had your gallbladder removed?
Q. I had to have my gall bladder removed when I was 6 weeks pregnant due to gallstones and elevated liver enzymes. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and having symptoms of cholethasis but was wondering if that was possible seeing I've had my gallbladder removed?

A. ask your Dr





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment