How long is the waiting time for an abortion on the NHS?

Q. Hi everyone

my girlfriend is two days late, which for her is unheard of

We're going to her GP tomorrow and will get a pregnancy test and if positive will ask for an abortion

Does anyone know the waiting times for an abortion in the UK?

thanks in advance

A. Usually it's a two week waiting period but the wait can be shorter or longer, depending on where you guys are going.

~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion <no regrets> and I have a 13 month old daughter <no regrets>. I believe in protecting my daughter's choice.

Abortion: There is a Consensus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUvgo


Can Indian women travel from India to the UK to give birth for free?
Q. because the NHS is free, i want to benefit from it, also i want to get the British citizenship for me and my baby and my husband also my mom.

Answer it.

A. No you cannot travel from India to the UK to give birth for free.

The NHS is only free for non UK residents for emergencies. A pregnancy is not considered an emergency.

f you are pregnant, you would not be granted a visa to travel anywhere near the due date UNLESS you have arranged for a private medical birth in the UK and have the documents and proof of funds as evidence.

It is a popular misconception that the NHS is free. It is not. UK residents pay through their National Insurance contributions and taxes for the privilege of non-charged health care. Basically if you don't pay in - you can't use the facility.

To access free NHS care you would need to be registered with a NHS doctor's surgery and to become registered, you would need to prove legal residence in the UK.

On the subject of British citizenship for your child, you are 27 years too late. Since 1 Jan 1983, anyone born in the UK must have a British parent or a parent legally settled in the UK to be British. Even if the child was able to claim British citizenship, it would give no rights to any other family member, even its mother, to British citizenship.


Had hysterosalpingogram and radiologist was unable to get catheter in. What does this mean?
Q. I had a Hysterosalpingogram yesterday, and the radiologist was unable to get the catheter inside my uterus. I don't see my regular doctor for a few weeks to discuss the results so I am trying to get info on my own. I am concerned that it is a blockage or something that would not only prevent a natural pregnancy but also artificial insemination or IVF, since those require the catheters as well. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I am at a loss as to what this means.

A. Hi, I don't think my first answer went through properly so am posting this again. I had a HSG today. They couldn't complete it as the nurse kept saying she could not get the catheter through the 2nd layer of the cervix. She explained that there is the cervix which has a small whole in it, and behind this is a bit like a 2nd cervis if you like, a second layer. Basicaly they have to get the catheter tube through the first whole on the cervix and the the 2nd layer which also has a whole in it. The two holes need to line up so that they can get the tube through both. A bit like threading a piece of cotton through two needles. The nurse could not see the whole in the 2nd layer (must have a whole in it as otherwise how would I have a period - it wouldn't be able to drain). They got another qualified nurse to come in and all in all they attempted it 6 times (ouch). She said just because they couldn't do it does not mean I am infertile, as sperm swim around and find the whole in the 2nd layer. Anyway I left in tears as I have read that having the dye test can kind of "wash" everything and wash out mucous deposits etc and some people then concieve (obviously if there is no other probem spotted). I now have to wait for the NHS nurse to write to the NHS consultant, who splits her surgery between 2 areas. Don;t know how long it will take for her to contact me. The nurse said that the consultant will "probably" re-bbok me in again and give me a local anaesetic so that they can stretch things open a bit more and re-attempt, or try something else - no idea what. I felt very vulernable today, 4 people in the x-ray room with me, although my husband was not allowed in. I am 37, 38 in February and we have been trying for just over a year. I seem to have passed all other hormone tests, and my husband has passed his sperm test, although he rated 50% on mobility of sperm and 50% is the pass mark. They did say that you'd hjave to be superman to even get 70%. it's just a waiting game and so frustating. i qualified to go private for al lmy testing as I had been a member of BUPA for 2 years through my company medical scheme. However, my company has now swapped medical supplier and they will not cover any infertility investigations. It is soul destroying. Everyone around me seems to get pregnant and they only do it once !I have now given up buying Ovulation kits etc as it gets my hopes up to much. The consultant put me in for the HSG but did say at the meeting that as we had been trying for a year, we would have to try for another year before they do anything else. That's ok if you are 21 !!!! I am totally fed up and frustated.


How far along were you before you got your first u/s scan on the NHS?
Q. I'm currently at 14 weeks and still don't have a date for my "12 week" scan. I'm going on holiday in less than 2 weeks so if it's after that it will be 19 weeks. Is anyone else having the same with the NHS?

A. once i had had my pregnancy confirmed at the doctors i was provided with a password and then i was able to go online and book my appointment on the nhs website with our local womens hospital for my first scan.

have you been to the doctors yet? you may even want to try and just book one with the hospital direct you should really try and get in there before you go on holiday because when you get back you'll be ready for your 20 week scan.

good luck xx





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment