When did you start having pregnancy cravings?

Q. Hi ladies!

I am just about halfway through my first pregnancy and have not had a sin-gle craving. Not one! I have heard stories about women in TEARS because their husbands won't go on a 2 am jello run, but I have also read that pregnancy cravings are a complete myth, totally mental, etc etc - what do you think? Did you have specific, unbearable cravings while pregnant? And when did they start? Thanks!

A. I haven't had any. I'm 26 weeks now. I think I may miss that. Honestly though, I believe that a lot of women who have it are making themselves have it. Yes, I think it is a real symptom, but I think a lot of women convince themselves that they must have it so much that they do. Or use it as an excuse. Remember though, real or not, every pregnancy and every woman is different. My cravings are no stronger than they were before I was pregnant. But I really haven't had very many symptoms of pregnancy anyways.
To me, if your craving jello that bad at 2am that you are in tears then get off your damn ass and get it yourself. lol. Your pregnant, not a paraplegic. Which is why I think some women just use it as an excuse to make their husbands go get it. If I'm craving chips, I'll go get them myself. If I don't want to go out to get some then I'm obviously not craving them that much am I?
See now that you mentioned Jello, I want some. I have some in the cupboard but it has to be made. I don't feel like making it right now so I won't. I'm not craving it THAT bad. lol


Ladies,how far along in your pregnancies did you go before you started the typical pregnancy cravings we have?
Q. I just got a positive test result last week, but I already desire nachos and cheese a lot more than I previously cared for. I think I am maybe 1 month, I haven't been to the doctor yet. Can this be pregnancy cravings this soon, or is it all in my head?

A. Yes you can have cravings this early. I didn't have any cravings with my first, They started about 4 months along with my second ( steak and watermelon ). But with this last one it was at about 6 weeks ( Subway ).


Is it possible to prevent pregnancy cravings?
Q. I have the oddest cravings that strike me at really annoying times. For example I woke up at 3am craving goat cheese souffles .... Not exactly something I just had on hand! Another odd one was my extreme craving for a breakfast quiche at 9pm as I was turning in for the night. Since I can rarely satisfy my pregnancy cravings is there a way to just prevent them??

A. Pregnancy cravings are there for a reason, it means your body needs something that's in the food you want. So in theory, the only way to avoid it is to make sure you're getting enough nutrients.


What Were Some Of Your Pregnancy Cravings?
Q. My friend has been having some really weird pregnancy cravings eg. smoked oysters, sushi, mango gelato and cherry ripes :P What are or were some of your cravings if you had them?

A. At first it was fruit.The more sweet it was the better. Then it was pb&j sandwiches. I could eat them breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. Now that winter has hit, ironically, its slurpies. The other night i woke up around 2am wanting one sooo bad that i whipped out my blender and tried making one with ice, sugar, and a kool-aid packet since the gas station was closed lol.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment