Will an ectopic pregnancy hurt my chances of getting pregnant again?

Q. A little over 2 years ago I had an etopic pregnancy that ended in 2 emergency surguries, but they left my tube in. We're ready to try again, and so far we've been unsuccessful for 2 months (I know its not a long time, but our first attempt happened right away). Could my first etopic be a problem for a second time?

A. Most definitely! I would see your Dr. to have an HSG done this tests to see if your tubes are free and clear of any blockages and or scar tissue. This is especially important when TTC. Unfortunately after having 1 E.P. you are at higher risk having another one so I would just be as aware as possible. I had an E.P. in Dec of 2007 and I just started Metformin this month. I am hoping for a BFP soon.Baby Dust and Good Luck!


What besides pregnancy and stress can cause a missed period?
Q. 12 years ago I had 2 etopic pregnancies 7 months apart. The first they removed the pregnancy and part of my tube. The 2nd time they had to remove the entire tube(on the other side) since then I've always been very regular. I am 36yrs old and have not altered my Daily routines I'm not under any stress at work or at home but this month I am almost 2 weeks late.... anyone go through anything similar or know other causes for late periods?

A.


Can doctors see your whole nude body during a laparoscopic surgery?
Q. Well I had a etopic pregnancy awhile ago and I needed surgery, however I am wondering now if the doctors during the surgery were able to see my whole nude body, it makes me so uncomfortable. Whenever I see my doctor now it makes me uncomfortable. They also had to scratch out my uterus. So how much of my body were they able to see?

A. This is what i think.

they are able to see only the part they're gonna have the surgery on.. for example if they have to cut your stomach they would put paper on the rest of your body and focus on the part where they have to "dissect".. scary huh?


will a pregnancy test show positive if you are having an etopic pregnancy?
Q. If you are pregnant but are having an etopic pregnancy will a pregnancy test show positive? What I am trying to see if it is possible to be having a tubal pregnancy but still getting negative pregnancy test results.(home pregnancy test)

A. Yes. You will still test positive, but once you suspect ectopic you need to head to the emergency room right away. Any significant one-sided pain during pregnancy can indicate an ectopic pregnancy (the embryo implants in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus). To delay may cause you to rupture your fallopian tube and suffer internal bleeding, which can affect future fertility and be life threatening! If your test at home is negative, wait a few days (assuming your period does not start) and test again. If you still think you might be pregnant, see your doctor.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment