Will genetic anemia cause any problem during pregnancy ?

Q. I am 8 weeks pregnant. My doctor said that I have genetic anemia which was tested from my blood work. But no iron/ hemoglobin deficiency and I do not have to take any iron supplements for it. Will genetic anemia cause any problem during pregnancy ? Can any one explain more about anemia in genes ?

A. visit this link it was especially about the pregnancy and for the pregnant ladies i hope it will help you for searching your answer.
www.medicaldepth.com
thanks for using answers.yahoo.com


Can you get anemia even if your parents were vaccinated of it during pregnancy?
Q. I've got most the symptoms of Anemia but my mother says that I can't get anemia because she was vaccined for it during pregnancy. Help, i don't know if I can still have it or not.

A. There is no vaccination for anemia. Vaccines are for viruses and anemia is a condition not a virus.


is it effect birth and is there any qouncequances on my health during pregnancy?
Q. Hi,im Noor ,pregnant with my first child and i have anemia along with low plateletes about 53000 only and i didnt take any cure due to my pregnancy.what should i do, could it effect my birth?.
could it harm me during pregnancy?
please help.
thanks.
please i need a pro. opinion based on experience or medical advice.

A. You need to take plenty of iron and vitamin C. It can cause heavy bleeding after birth and it can also make it very difficult to produce enough milk for the baby. Being too anemic could cause you to bleed to death.


What tests and things need to be done during a pregnancy and one year after giving birth?
Q. I am doing a project for school and I need to know the cost of having a baby. I would like to know what tests and vaccinations need to be done during pregnancy and one year after giving birth.

A. That is alot of info. I posted a link to baby center. I used that alot when I was pregnant. The link lists all the test by trimesters.

I am sure if you use this site it will help with all your questions for your project.

Here is how that starts and I ONLY listed the first trimester:

"First trimester tests"
At your first prenatal visit, your practitioner will give you a thorough physical, including a pelvic exam. She'll do a Pap smear (unless you've had one recently) to check for abnormal cells, including cervical cancer. She may also do a culture to check for chlamydia and gonorrhea.

Next, she'll order routine blood tests to identify your blood type and Rh status, and a blood count to check for anemia. She'll also have the lab test your blood for syphilis, hepatitis B, and immunity to German measles (rubella), and offer to test for HIV. (If your practitioner doesn't offer you an HIV test, be sure to ask about it. Being treated for HIV during pregnancy can dramatically reduce your chances of passing the infection to your baby.) In addition to taking blood, she'll ask for a urine sample to test for urinary tract infections and other conditions.

If you're at high risk for gestational diabetes, a glucose challenge test might be done at your first visit. In some cases, your provider will also do a skin test to see if you've been exposed to tuberculosis. And if you're not sure whether you've even had chicken pox (or been vaccinated against the virus), she'll order a blood test to check for immunity.

In addition, your caregiver may offer you genetic screening, such as a nuchal translucency screening (an ultrasound done at 10 to 12 weeks) or a first-trimester combined screening (an ultrasound and a blood test). These screening tests can give you some information about your baby's risk of having certain chromosomal problems and other birth defects. Another option is CVS, a prenatal genetic diagnostic test done between 10 and 13 weeks. Finally, depending on your ethnic background and medical history, you may have a blood test to see if your baby is at risk for sickle cell disease, Tay-Sachs disease, cystic fibrosis, thalassemia, and certain other genetic disorders. "


GOOD LUCK and I hope you get an A+





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment