how long will my dogs behavior from having a false pregnancy last, and what can i do to help?

Q. I recently got my female dog spayed and i believe she is going through a false pregnancy, how long before it stops, and what can i do to help? She also will not stop whining, is there anything i can do to help that?

A. They usually will not go thru a false pregnancy after being spayed!! It could be something else going on, an infection or something like that. I would suggest taking her to the vet to make sure everything is okay/


How can I make check to see it is a real pregnancy and not a false pregnancy?
Q. I have a 2 year old beagle and don't know if she is actually pregnant or if it is a false pregnancy. What do I need to do to determine whether or not she is pregnant?

A. Take her to the vet.


How to tell if my dog is pregnant or has a false pregnancy?
Q. My dog is a 4 year old yellow lab. This is the second time we have tried to breed her. Last time she had a false pregnancy. Her temperature has dropped on friday afternoon from average around 100.0-99.5 to 98.0. Her teets have grown a lot,her vulva is swollen, shes gained weight and she has produced milk. She was due today but since the temperature already dropped and nothing has happened, I'm not sure if she is actually pregnant.

A.


Do all dogs going through heat have false pregnancies?
Q. My 11 month dog is going through her first heat. I have heard about false pregnancies and I am wondering if she will for sure go through a false pregnancy after her heat is over. What is the likelihood of this happening?
EDIT: I am not asking if she is having a false pregnancy. I want to know what are the chances of her having a false pregnancy. Like is a 50/50 thing? Or is it something that happens once in a while to dogs.

A. Well obviously all entire bitches will have a season - right to the end of their lives. False pregnancy however is comparatively rare, so I'd suggest far more bitches won't go into this after being in season - and it's certainly nothing like a 50% likelihood.

Get her spayed - in another 2 months time and then you won't have to stress about this possibility. Incidentally if she should, it's quite distressing for the b itch, and by far the kindest thing IS to spay her should that happen. I'd suggest you should be more concerned about whether she might develop mammary, or uterine cancer later on if you don't get her spayed, than about a false pregnancy (or come to that, a true pregnancy because bitches in standing heat will be as eager to find a mate, as any roaming dog will be to find her).





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment