Any of you ladies had an ectopic pregnancy, lost a fallopian tube, and been able to have another child?

Q. Please tell me what happened. I lost a fallopian tube due to an ectopic pregnancy, and then got pregnant again only to have a miscarriage. I'm going through treatment right now, ultrasounds, labs works etc. Stressed and scared. I want to know some success stories after such a nightmare. Is this all worth it?

A. Hello,

My daughter is a success story. When I was young and having my children I had several miscarriages. I did manage to carry two boys to full term. One in 1979 and the other in 1985.

After I had my son in 1985 I became pregnant again but began experiencing severe pain in my right side. I had to be rushed to the hospital and they did an ultra sound and said that I had an ectopic pregnancy. (I always called it a tubal pregnancy). I had to have emergency surgery to remove my tube and of course, the baby.

I never conceived again until 1988 (and I always got pregnant very easily, I just couldn't carry them). But I prayed and I prayed for three years, because I wanted a little girl so bad. And in 1988 I became pregnant again, I had no problems and my little girl was born on Dec. 2. She will be 19 this year and I thank God every day for her. And after I had her, I never became pregnant again even though I've never took any kind of birth control.

So don't give up hope because as long as you have one tube, you can have a baby. Good luck.


How long does it take for the egg to travel through the fallopian tubes?
Q. Hi! I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long it takes for the egg to go through the fallopian tube into the uterus? I have two books, the fist one "Mother of all pregnancy books" says 80 hours which works out to 3.3 days and the other "Getting pregnant" say 5 to 6 days. I was just wondering what other people have to say.

Thank you!

A. Three to four days.
The time depends only on the egg, sperm have nothing to do with how fast the egg will travel. The egg is propelled along by cilia in the fallopian tubes. It then takes two days after reaching the uterus to implant. It is implanted by day 7.
This is after conception times, but conception must occur as the egg is released, or it will not have time to complete all these steps prior to being shed.


Can the right fallopian tube grab the egg from the left ovary?
Q. I lost my left tube due to an ectopic pregnancy. Could the right fallopian tube grab the left egg?
My OB/GYN said it's possible. I found some info on the web to support this, but it's pretty vague.

A. YES - I got pregnant from my left fallopian tube grabbing the egg from my right ovary. I do not have a right fallopian tube and had a very eary ultrasound at 4 weeks which showed the cycst on my right ovary indicative of the egg coming from that side. It does happen - by baby is proof.


Has anyone ever had a successful pregnancy with damaged fallopian tubes and without using IVF?
Q. I had to have one fallopian tube removed and the other is so damaged that the doctor said that the only way we could get pregnant was to do IVF, but I just don't feel comfortable with it right now. Has anybody been in a situation like this and had a surprise, natural, miracle pregnancy? I'm just looking for a little hope.
Thanks!

A. Yes, you can get pregnant. Yes, you are more likely to have a tubal pregnancy. IVF was made for folks like you. Don't put it off too long - you are more likely to be successful the younger you are.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment