Is it common for women that is pregnant to have diarrhea?

Q. I'm 20 years old and found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm pregnant and. I wanted to know is diarrhea common for pregnancy. And can you sleep on your stomach when you 6 weeks pregnant sorry for all the question my first baby.

A. Some digestive upset is normal in the first few months of pregnancy. Nausea is more common but diarrhea isn't unheard of. The important thing is to keep yourself very well hydrated if you're having issues with diarrhea. It should go away shortly as the hormones from early pregnancy settle out. If it doesn't stop soon I would go see your doctor. You can sleep on your belly for the first few months at least. When your belly starts getting in the way it's better to sleep on your left side but not your back because sleeping on your back puts pressure on your veins and can lead to decreased blood flow to the placenta. As long as you're comfortable on your tummy in the first few months then you're fine.


Is it normal to get stomach cramps and diarrhea during pregnancy?
Q. I am currently 4 and a bit weeks pregnant and have been getting stomach cramps for the last 4 weeks, it is tolerable...similar to menstrual pains. I have also experienced the last couple of days a bout of diarrhea which prior to opening my bowels has caused stomach pains but afterwards, it's all fine. My doc has suggested an ultrasound at 6 weeks as he says that getting an earlier scan will not see anything.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

A. Generally these are signs of premature labor. being that early on I am not sure. If your Dr is not concerned about it than it should be fine.
I got cramps during the first trimester. It was the implanting of the fertilized egg. Then from the uterus stretching.


Has anyone experienced this during pregnancy?
Q. Has anyone experienced pretty bad diarrhea during pregnancy? If so, does anyone know the cause of this?

Thank you so much!

A. Like the answer above me, I'm a little jealous! I had horrible constipation.

Make sure you stay hydrated for sure, because if you get dehydrated it can start to decrease the amount of amniotic fluid (I got severely dehydrated during my second pregnancy and the doctor had me hospitalized and pumped full of IV fluids, not fun) which is really bad for the baby.

Make sure you mention it to the doctor, they may have some suggestions about how to make it stop =)


is stomach cramps and uncontrollable diarrhea normal during pregnancy?
Q. I am currently about 4 months pregnant. For the passed 5 days i've been having uncontrollable diarrhea. I've also been getting random really bad stomach cramps for the passed 2 days, that last just a few seconds. I think the stomach cramps have to do with horrible gas. Are these symptoms normal or is something wrong? If something is wrong, what are the possibilities that it could be?

A. I would actually call your OB tomorrow -

While its normal to have diarrhea during pregnancy it shouldn't last 5 days

Your body does one of two things when pregnant - it either speeds way down and you get constipated or it speeds way up and you get diarrhea - but diarrhea for 5 straight days isn't normal





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment