Can water-based lube be used during sex after losing the mucus plug?

Q. Sex is okay after losing mucus plug during pregnancy, but is it okay to use NON-petroleum-based lube still?

A. Hi,

Yes this will help you in proper sex. Water base jellys are always good,


What does the mucus plug in pregnancy look like?
Q. I know that this is a disgusting question, but I am 34 weeks pregnant and just passed something that looked like a slug. It was white with streaks of brown in it. Could this be my mucus plug and if so, isn't it a little early to be passing it? Should I be calling my doctor right now or wait until the morning?

A. That would be part of your plug-it is normal to start losing it as early as 29 weeks. You do not have to call your doctor, just let them know that you lost some at your next app. I started losing mine a week ago and I am 33 weeks. And trust me there is a large amount of plug you have to lose and it can take several days or weeks to lose it all. Soon you will be going UHHHH again? More? yes more and more of it will sneek out in little or big bits. The brown streaks is normal and even a tint of red is too. I always say it looks like I blew my nose in my underwear when I have a bad cold! LOL It is nasty but it is normal!


Lost my mucus plug how long till I start dilating and go into labor?
Q. This is my first pregnancy and I am just curious. I lost what I think was my mucus plug yesterday and I was wondering how long till I dilate and is there any way I can tell myself if I am? Also what will help speed up the process I'm miserable?

A. Everyone I have known who has been pregnant has said their doctor told them that it can actually take up to two weeks for the baby to be born... My friend who is pregnant right now, her first pregnancy she lost her plug 3 weeks before birth, which is not normal at all. She just lost her mucus plug about a week ago with this pregnancy, and isn't due for another 3 weeks. So, what I am getting at is that you should have your baby anytime between now and two weeks from now. This is a pretty unpredictable time in your pregnancy as for when the baby will come. Good luck!


How long does it take for your mucus plug to pass?
Q. I am 8 months pregnant and on Thursday I went to the doctor and he told me I had passed my mucus plug and I am 2 cm dilated. About 10 minutes ago I went to the bathroom, and I peed. When I wiped myself there was a little spot of what looked like mucus. Is my mucus plug still passing? This is my first pregnancy so I'm confused.

A. i was reading on google that sometimes if a woman that is pregnant has alot more discharge than normal she may not notice the mucus plug passing... because it varies in look... mucusy, watery, tinged with blood, brown, pink....... its all different. but if the doc said that you "passed" it already then thats that i guess....





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment