Is it normal to have diarrhea during pregnancy?

Q. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant, and in the past day I have had diarrhea. Its not too bad, but its starting to scare me. I don't mean to be gross but it is a lime green color. Almost the color of my urine due to prenatal vitamins. Should I be worried? Will it cause a miscarriage?

A. I had diarrhea the my entire first trimester...the only concern with the doctor is dehydration. But it's normal. As far as the color, it could be your pills doing it, but i would just let your doctor know, but i don't see any reason to worry.


I am 8 days late on my period and having diarrhea my pregnancy test was negative, could i still be pregnant?
Q. Like i said diarrhea for the past week. 8 days late, 2 tests were negative. taken 2 days ago.
have been having sore throat and headache
any ideas on what i should do?

A. I found a discussion about late period and diarrhea of Wiki. Here is ther first part of it:

Diarrhea and period like cramping are signs of pregnancy

�I have been feeling terrible for the last week. I have had bouts of diarrhea, greenish-black bowel movements (sorry), constant cramping, headaches, and slight nausea but haven't vomited. Also I haven't had a period in over 2 months. My periods are always irregular, usually skipping a week- month at a time, but never 2 months. I am heavy, so that could be the reason for no period. I have been exercising more regularly, but haven't in a couple weeks.

�Yes. I experienced both diarrhea and cramping. So, I decided to buy Imodium, and as a second thought, a pregnancy test. After taking 4 pregnancy tests, I was convinced that I was pregnant and did not have a stomach virus.
�I have the same thing! I am now 3 days away from receiving my AF, which hopefully won't come at all! My diarrhea is like greenish-black..sorry TMI!! I heard it could be something in the prenatal pills. You are right! It is most likely the iron in the pnv's
�I am not sure how to post on this board but so I am adding to this persons post... I just had to say that this is EXACTLY ME>>> I have had greenish black horrible diarrhea at 8dpo it followed a dip in my chart then my temps went up and major period cramps followed by horrible diarrhea for three days followed. I am like a day away from my flo day, so I am hoping this is indeed an early sign, I read that even though it is rare it does occur due to the increased progesterone on implantation.... so here is hoping this helps someone else out there looking for this answer.
�Well if this is prior to getting a positive test, Diarrhea can be a sign of increased progesterone... I had diarrhea with this last one and it was really awful. It started about a week before my period was due... the cramping could be part of the diarrhea... GL with what ever you want as an outcome :)

The rest is at the website below. Hope this helps.


Is it common for women that is pregnant to have diarrhea?
Q. I'm 20 years old and found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm pregnant and. I wanted to know is diarrhea common for pregnancy. And can you sleep on your stomach when you 6 weeks pregnant sorry for all the question my first baby.

A. Some digestive upset is normal in the first few months of pregnancy. Nausea is more common but diarrhea isn't unheard of. The important thing is to keep yourself very well hydrated if you're having issues with diarrhea. It should go away shortly as the hormones from early pregnancy settle out. If it doesn't stop soon I would go see your doctor. You can sleep on your belly for the first few months at least. When your belly starts getting in the way it's better to sleep on your left side but not your back because sleeping on your back puts pressure on your veins and can lead to decreased blood flow to the placenta. As long as you're comfortable on your tummy in the first few months then you're fine.


Is it normal to get stomach cramps and diarrhea during pregnancy?
Q. I am currently 4 and a bit weeks pregnant and have been getting stomach cramps for the last 4 weeks, it is tolerable...similar to menstrual pains. I have also experienced the last couple of days a bout of diarrhea which prior to opening my bowels has caused stomach pains but afterwards, it's all fine. My doc has suggested an ultrasound at 6 weeks as he says that getting an earlier scan will not see anything.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

A. Generally these are signs of premature labor. being that early on I am not sure. If your Dr is not concerned about it than it should be fine.
I got cramps during the first trimester. It was the implanting of the fertilized egg. Then from the uterus stretching.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment