Do you think once people start getting vaccinated for HIV and Herpes they will have more unsafe sex?

Q. Since those are the 2 major chronic diseases that scare people into using condoms....along with pregnancy. Most other STDs can be cured with some antibiotics. What do you think?

A. NO COS YOU ARE WRONG CONDOMS DO NOT PROTECT YOU FROM HERPES HPV OR CRABS


Is it dangerous to get your first cold sore during pregnancy? Does it harm the fetus?
Q. I know that it's herpes simplex, not herpes zoster and that it's dangerous to kiss a newborn when you have a cold sore. But if you first come in contact with the virus while pregnant is it dangerous to the fetus?

A.


How long does it take to detect vaginal herpes?
Q. I have had through out the years vaginal lesions. I didn't think they were vaginal warts because there was not a wart bump, but more like a open sore. I as the doctor a year ago if I could have herpes and she said I had to come in when I had an outbreak. Now I am pregnant and my doctor says I have herpes and will need cream to put on during the birth so my child wont get it. I have a son 5 years ago and the doctor never said anything about herpes to me then. Is the blood test for herpes a new test? Would it have been detected 5 years ago if I had it then?

A. You have to have a blood test done during an OUTBREAK, because the antibodies are in your system, trying to fight off the herpes virus. That is the only time it will show up in a test. If you didn't know you had herpes 5 years ago, then your doctor would not have known. Like I said, unless you told the doctor, or there was an outbreak (something for your doctor to see and TEST), then he would not have known. As for your current pregnancy, you need to be put on Valtrex (yes, it is safe), because if you have an outbreak and then have a vaginal birth, the baby will be exposed with potentially life threatening consequences. If you have an outbreak despite Valtrex when it is time to deliver your baby, your doctor will need to perform a c-section, NOT administer a "cream". This is serious business and it concerns me that your doctor is talking about creams and not putting you on medication.


What happens if you contract herpes when you conceive?
Q. If you get herpes and get pregnant in the same sexual encounter, what happens to the baby? Will it get herpes from being inside the uterus? or is herpes only spread to a baby during delivery?

A. If you contract herpes just before you got pregnant then herpes can cause some complications to the pregnancy. But herpes isn't usually passed while the baby is in the womb or by genetics. The risk occurs as the baby comes through the birth canal while the mother has a break out. If the mother has a genital break out while she delivers, there is a high risk of passing herpes to the baby as it comes through the birth canal.
Doctors usually prescribe antiviral medication a few weeks before you deliver to help prevent break outs so you can deliver naturally with very low risk of passing herpes to the baby. Herpes is very rarely passed to babies.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment