Has anyone heard of a pregnancy rash?

Q. I woke up with a rash on Saturday. I am 9 weeks pregnant my skins isn't really sensitive and I don't have any skin allergies that I know of. Some bumps look like I went to bed with a mosquito and the rest is a fine rash. It is on my torso only not on my extremities or face. I called my OB she told me to put benadryl on it and I did it isn't better so I am seeing the doctor tomorrow. I heard that some women get a pregnancy rash. Has anyone heard of it?

A. I don't know if there's actually such a thing as a pregnancy rash, but I do know that while you're pregnant your skin tends to be a lot more sensitive even if it wasn't before. When I was pregnant with my first child I switched to a cheaper brand of laundry soap - BIG MISTAKE - my legs broke out all over!! You might take a look at the skin products (and products that come in contact with your skin like laundry soap) your using and try switching to something for sensitive skin until the pregnancy is over. Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you!


Anyone else ever get a rash on there belly?
Q. I thought it was stretch marks but I asked the doctor and she said it was pregnancy rash? It itches and burns she said use Aveeno or a cream you would use for chicken pox. They are not working anyone have any other solutions?

A.


is there such a thing as a pregnancy rash?
Q. i am 14 weeks pregnant and i have a question... is there such a thing a s a pregnancy rash? I have a rash that looks like a heat rash only on the top half of my body. i just noticed it when i looked in the mirror and now probably because i am thinking about it i am really itchy.. i haven't changed soaps or anything... what could this be?

A. You may think that only babies get prickly heat rash, but pregnant women do, too. Caused by the combination of an already overheated pregnant body, dampness from excessive perspiration, and the friction of skin rubbing against itself or against clothing, prickly heat rash is pimply and slightly irritating. It is most common in the crease between and beneath the breasts, in the crease where the bulge of the lower abdomen rubs against the top of the pubic area, and on the inner thighs.

Many women enjoy a good "scratch down" at the end of the day. Some areas of your skin may itch because they are dry and flaky, others may itch because of a prickly rash, as mentioned above. Many women find the itching is most bothersome in the skin that stretches, mainly over the abdomen, but also on hips and thighs.


26 weeks pregnant and I have developed a rash?
Q. I am 26 weeks pregnant and this morning when I woke up I found a rash on my arms, legs, back and stomach. I know you can get a itchy skin from streching but is this normal? Or do you think that that rash is unrelated to the pregnancy? The rash is red and blotchy and feels like it is on fire. Should I be worried?

A. i don't think this has anything to do with you being pregnant, i would go and see your doctor, have you changed your washing powder? it sounds to me like "Hives" also known as urticaria. that's a allergic reaction to something and it can be anything even pollen, its easy treated and harmless. Good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment