What is the nutrional value of a california roll and philadelphia roll during pregnancy?

Q. Both are made with imitation crab, but is sushi healthy? I would think so..

A. Yes, sushi is fine, just don't eat sushi with raw fish in it. California and Philadelphia rolls are good for calcium, not sure what else.


How did you hide your pregnancy from your friends?
Q. I may be pregnant (too soon to tell) but I don't want to let my parents know and excite them too early. Meanwhile I don't want to drink alcohol (which I generally do) or eat raw fish (sushi is my favorite food!). I hang out with my friends/family a lot during meals and they will pick up on this fast, any suggestions for good excuses?

A. Hi there,

I am not a sushi eater, but I am a drinker and I have some tricks to hide the pregnancy. If you go out to a restaurant secretly talk to the waiter and request that he pour your non-alcoholic beer in a glass so the bottle is not on the table and people will just think you got a draft. If you have people over, you can use the same trick or make a fruity drink with alcohol in it. Then poor yours with just the juices into a martini or wine glass. Those are my tricks.

Good luck!
http://www.bumpfashion.com


Is it okay to go back to sushi and rare meats while breastfeeding?
Q. I know they are big no-no's during pregnancy...I just really like these foods and am now breastfeeding. I would think that it is still probably not a good idea being that the baby is still getting the good and bad bacteria from your body...just wondering if other mothers were worried about this also. Thanks for looking! :)

A. Breastfeeding protects them from the bad bacteria. It shouldn't pose any problems i.e. transferring to breastmilk. (unless baby is allergic such as moms who have had to use elimination diet to find out what their kids were allergic to - my poor friend has a child allergic to milk products (not lactose intolerant- allergic) and couldn't eat dairy the whole time she nursed! No ice cream, cheese, yogurt or sour cream-the horror!).

Here is a good answer:
http://www.breastfeeding.com/helpme/helpme_asklc_ans57.html


What are good foods for you to eat during pregnancy and not so good foods?
Q. I'm in my parenting class, and we're supposed to search foods not to eat and foods to eat during pregnancy, any advice?:)

A. Soft cheeses because of the risk of listeriosis (mozzarella, feta, bleu cheese, brie, etc.) unless they are heated to melting; deli meats unless heated until steaming (for the same reason as the cheeses); liver/pate because it is too high in Vitamin A; bacon and hot dogs because they are too high in nitrates; some fish (like shark and swordfish) because they are too high in mercury; raw or undercooked meats and raw or undercooked eggs because of multiple types of bacteria (raw eggs pop up in strange places, like eggnog, so check the ingredient lists); coffee/soda/caffeinated teas because of the caffeine (one cup a day is usually okay); anything made with unpasteurized milk (anything made with Grade A milk IS pasteurized, by the way); unwashed vegetables or fruits; uncooked foods like sushi or smoked meats; alcohol; herbs (small amounts used in cooking are OK); and some say peanuts because of the allergy risk, but that's still controversial.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment