What pain killers can i take during pregnancy without risk to the baby when I am alergic to tylenol?

Q. I have always been prone to headaches, backaches, and now my back has been hurting me from pregnancy, as have my ribs lately. I read somewhere that the only pregnancy safe pain reliever is tylenol, however I can't safely take it because I tend to have alergic reactions. Is there any other pain reliever I can take? I'm about 6 weeks.

A. You need to ask your doctor for advice. There are prescribed pain meds that are safe but since they are prescribed the doctor has to give them to you. I have fibromyalgia and tylenol doesn't always take care of the pain. Other over-the-counter pain meds are harmful to the pregnancy such as ibuprofen, asprin, and naproxen.


Can taking Ibuprofen in the early stages of pregnancy cause miscarriage?
Q. I might be pregnant, but i have been taking ibuprofen because i had a root canal and it is sore. now, i am spotting. when i started taking ibuprofen i didnt suspect pregnancy, but i am worried. please help.

A. Ibuprofen can cause bleeding, but it is unlikely to cause a miscarriage if you take the recommended dosage and not more. The danger with this medication and pregnancy occurs in the third trimester, because taking any NSAID, like ibuprofen or aspirin in the third trimester, can cause circulatory problems in the unborn baby. There are holes in the fetal heart that close shortly after birth, but taking these medications can cause the holes to close prematurely in the womb and can severely hurt the baby. This is not a problem in the first trimester, so you will be ok, but I would stop taking them now. Stick to tylenol for pain.


At what week in pregnancy do the headache symptoms start?
Q. Do they the headaches start at about 5-6-7 weeks in early pregnancy? & whats it caused by. . . .

A. Experiencing headaches during pregnancy is one of the most common discomforts and complaints. Headaches may occur at any time during your pregnancy, but they tend to be most common during the first and third trimesters.

An increase in headaches during the first trimester is believed to be caused by the surge of hormones along with an increase in the blood volume circulating throughout your body. These headaches may be further aggravated by stress, poor posture or changes in your vision.

Headaches during the third trimester tend to be related more to poor posture and tension from carrying extra weight. Headaches during the third trimester may also be caused by a condition called preeclampsia, which is high blood pressure during pregnancy.

If you are not able to prevent headaches, there are still things that you can do to help them go away. During pregnancy, you want to try and relieve your headache by natural means if possible. Pain relief medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen are not recommended in most pregnancies; however, acetaminophen may be reccommended by your health care provider


Can my meds cause a false negative on a pregnancy test?
Q. I am on
celexa (generic Citalopram) 20 mg
serequel xr 150 mg
and Ibuprofen 800mg 3 * day

I haven't had a period for over a month and I took two hpt that came up negative....I have scoured the internet for some information on the situation.
Some insight would be appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

A. Those medications will not interfere in any way with the results of a pregnancy test.

I can't think of one that does, to be honest.

Sometimes you just skip a period. There doesn't have to be a reason. If you're still concerned, get a blood pregnancy test.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment