Has anyone ever had a successful pregnancy with damaged fallopian tubes and without using IVF?

Q. I had to have one fallopian tube removed and the other is so damaged that the doctor said that the only way we could get pregnant was to do IVF, but I just don't feel comfortable with it right now. Has anybody been in a situation like this and had a surprise, natural, miracle pregnancy? I'm just looking for a little hope.
Thanks!

A. Yes, you can get pregnant. Yes, you are more likely to have a tubal pregnancy. IVF was made for folks like you. Don't put it off too long - you are more likely to be successful the younger you are.


is ovulation possible in the right ovary if the right fallopian tube is removed?
Q. my wife had her right fallopian tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy about a year ago but now she is 5 weeks pregnant and ovulated on her right ovaries...... is it possible or will we have problems with this?

A. The ovaries continue to function normally after tube removal. That means she will continue to ovulate from either ovary. Its random each month, not one month from the left, the next month from the right.

It is possible to ovulate and have the opposite fallopian tube pick up the egg. Its not common, but it has been shown to be possible.

I presume she's had an ultrasound and they saw the corpus luteum on the right ovary. This is confirmation that she did in fact ovulate from the right ovary.

This will pose absolutely no issues in pregnancy. The fallopian tube has done its job and does not factor into the next 8 months.

Congratulations!


Does sperm always make it to the Fallopian tubes? Does that automatically mean pregnancy?
Q. I've read A LOT and seen A LOT on pregnancy and fertilization. I know that many sperm die on the way to the egg going through the vagina, cervix, uterus, and finally fallopian tubes. So my question is do sperm always make it to the fallopian tube then die off or when the sperm gets to the fallopian tube does that mean there is 100% chance of fertilization? Can sperm die in the tubes?
Im sorry. I meant to say lets just pretend an egg is present

A.


What will be my ovulation pattern now that I only have 1 fallopian tube?
Q. I just recently lost my baby last week through tubal pregnancy. Last week, they had to remove my left fallopian tube so I just wan to know what my ovulation pattern will look like?
Okay, I know I will still ovulate every month. To clarify the question, what will be the pregnancy ovulation pattern? How often will I be able to actually get pregnant?

A. You'll still probably still ovulate each month but since you only have one tube you may only be able to get pregnant every other month.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment