What are signs of an ectopic pregnancy?

Q. What are signs and symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy?

Also I heard if you've had chlamydia it increases the risk. I was raped almost two years ago and contracted chlamydia and was treated and cured completely. Could it still increase the chance even though I don't have it anymore?

A. � Abdominal or pelvic pain or tenderness. It can be sudden, persistent, and severe but may also be mild and intermittent early on. You may feel it only on one side, but the pain can be anywhere in your abdomen or pelvis and is sometimes accompanied by nausea and vomiting.

� Vaginal spotting or bleeding. If you're not sure you're pregnant yet, you may think you're getting a light period at first. The blood may look red or brown like the color of dried blood, and may be continuous or intermittent, heavy or light.

� Pain that gets worse when you're active or while moving your bowels or coughing.

� Shoulder pain. Cramping and bleeding can mean many things, but pain in your shoulder, particularly when you lie down, is a red flag for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and it's critical to get medical attention immediately. The cause of the pain is internal bleeding, which irritates nerves that go to your shoulder area.


Could it be a sign of ectopic pregnancy?
Q. I am 6 weeks pregnant and i have just starting getting a very slight pain to one side, the pain is not severe and comes and goes. Could this be a sign of ectopic pregnancy?

A. lol i wrote the exact question when i was 6 weeks!! i really panicked and the hospital gave me an ultrasound and me and the baby were fine!! im now 11 weeks and still get them one sided pains! and they occasionally swap sides for a second! congrats!


What are the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy?
Q. What are the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy? Would you feel the pains early on like before missed period? How severe are the pains and are they only felt on one side?

A. I had an ectopic 2 years ago. symptoms are should pain, pain concentrated on one side, and cramping. You may have only one or you may have them all. If you think it is ectopic you need to see a doctor right away. if your tube bursts you could die from internal bleeding. Personally I had no symptoms until the end where I started bleeding and my doctor thought I was just having a miscarriage. He scheduled me for a d&c and laporscopy and on the day of my surgery my tube started to burst. I had no pain or symptoms only that I started to have signs of a miscarriage. Please be safe and see a doctor. It is not worth the chance. Also, having an ectopic does not ruin your chances of ever conceiving a healthy baby so don't be discouraged if it happens. Like I said I had an ectopic 2 years ago and I am pregnant with a healthy baby now. We are 19 weeks pregnant. It may take longer but the reward is so worth the wait and I would not change anything!


How do you know if your having an ectopic pregnancy?
Q. how do you know if your having an ectopic pregnancy if you have a negative pregnancy test but you miss your period and have been nauseous, vomiting, and pain on one side of your lower abdomen.

A. There are at least three reasons I can think of off the top of my head.
Ectopic pregnancy
Appendicitis if on right side
Ovarian cyst

The best thing for you to do is to go to the doctor and get checked out. Ectopic pregnancies are dangerous, but many of them miscarry without help, and you'd have to be several weeks into pregnancy for one to rupture, aka, life-threatening. You will need to get it removed if it's found, either via medication or surgery.

I've had appendicitis, and the symptoms for that tend to get worse over time, and don't let up. If you have pain that gets worse over time, you have some cause for concern. This can be appendicitis, cyst, ectopic preg, etc.

Ovarian cysts... I've had a few. They suck; most of them are benign. Most of them either resolve within 1-3 months, or you have a doctor remove them due to health risks, or they burst. Which has some risks, but honestly, it's not terribly life-threatening, as long as you're not showing signs of infection. It just hurts like a bear. You will want to get them looked at, and track them, and REST when you feel in pain (it will get worse if you don't), but they're generally not a huge deal if you know what's going on with them. You may need surgery to remove them, as there are risks to your ovary and your innards in general. Laparoscopy is better than the traditional surgery, btw, for any of these procedures.

Good luck. Get it checked out, but until you have cause to worry, don't. Relaxing makes it better.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment