Does drinking salt water and taking ibuprofen prevent pregnancy?

Q. i have did a little research and they said that if you drink salt water and ibuprofen it would prevent pregnancy because it messes with your harmonies.(misspelled) but what or the sign effects for taking that ibuprofen or lipitor?

A.


What pain killers can i take during pregnancy without risk to the baby when I am alergic to tylenol?
Q. I have always been prone to headaches, backaches, and now my back has been hurting me from pregnancy, as have my ribs lately. I read somewhere that the only pregnancy safe pain reliever is tylenol, however I can't safely take it because I tend to have alergic reactions. Is there any other pain reliever I can take? I'm about 6 weeks.

A. You need to ask your doctor for advice. There are prescribed pain meds that are safe but since they are prescribed the doctor has to give them to you. I have fibromyalgia and tylenol doesn't always take care of the pain. Other over-the-counter pain meds are harmful to the pregnancy such as ibuprofen, asprin, and naproxen.


Can taking Ibuprofen in the early stages of pregnancy cause miscarriage?
Q. I might be pregnant, but i have been taking ibuprofen because i had a root canal and it is sore. now, i am spotting. when i started taking ibuprofen i didnt suspect pregnancy, but i am worried. please help.

A. Ibuprofen can cause bleeding, but it is unlikely to cause a miscarriage if you take the recommended dosage and not more. The danger with this medication and pregnancy occurs in the third trimester, because taking any NSAID, like ibuprofen or aspirin in the third trimester, can cause circulatory problems in the unborn baby. There are holes in the fetal heart that close shortly after birth, but taking these medications can cause the holes to close prematurely in the womb and can severely hurt the baby. This is not a problem in the first trimester, so you will be ok, but I would stop taking them now. Stick to tylenol for pain.


Would taking antibiotics at the start of a pregnancy cause any problems?
Q. I started a course of two types of antibiotics, ibuprofen tablets and paracetamol 3 days after conception. In total I had to take 13 pills a day for 8 days. At the time it didn't even occur to me that I was pregnant because I was so ill. Now I know 100% I'm pregnant I'm very worried about all the pills that I had to take. Would they have any effects on the baby? I don't want to have harmed it. Can these tablets harm a fetus? What should I do?

A. Most ot the time, medications do not harm the fetus, but I would definitely tell your OB this so that he/she knows. They will also be able to let you know of any possible side effects, or birth defects with the meds.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment