What is a normal temperature during pregnancy?

Q. I know your body temperature goes up during pregnancy but what is normal? mine has been between 101 and 102. I'm 34 weeks pregnant

A. Not sure what that temperature is. Im aussie so we go by a different method.. Everyones temperature is different but if this is a high temperature for you than go and consult with a dr because high temperatures during pregnancy are not safe for the baby and it could be treated by taking panadol to reduce fever.


Is it dangerous to have a sore throat, cough and colds with mild fever during pregnancy?
Q. My sore throat is not that bad, it is only aching but not too much compared before back when im not pregnant. I also have cough and colds with mild fever. But my head is aching too much since the day I had an implantion bleeding that lasted only almost a day. I didn't take any medicine at all aside from Vicks rubbed at my back. And now I'm eating oranges and drinking juice and lots of water. Is this normal or is this something to worry about. Thank you in advance.

A. My midwife said to go to the doctor if I have a fever of 100+ and am unable to bring it down after taking Tylenol.


Is it normal to have a low grade fever during pregnancy?
Q. Im 24 weeks along. I have had night sweats on occasion. Right now I have a fever of 99.5. I have been eating normally, no headache or stomach ache I'm just concerned about the fever. Is this normal?

A. Your temp is usually about 1 degree higher when you're pregnant.. since normal temp is 98.6 degree's, having a 99.5 degree temp is not a fever... it's normal.


What could cause you to vomit blood during pregnancy?
Q. What could cause you to vomit dark blood during pregnancy and also have a burning pain in you tummy back and chest ? I have been to the hospital they kept me in over night they said nothing was wrong but they did no tests or anything. Does anyone know what could cause it? I'm 24 weeks pregnant

A. It could be pre-eclampsia.
Symptoms of Preeclampsia

If you have any of these symptoms, call your doctor right away:
Severe headaches
Vomiting blood
Excessive swelling of the feet and hands
Smaller amounts of urine or no urine
Blood in your urine
Rapid heartbeat
Dizziness
Excessive nausea
Ringing or buzzing sound in ears
Excessive vomiting
Drowsiness
Fever
Double vision
Blurred vision
Sudden blindness
Pain in the abdomen

Or, if you have morning sickness and have been vomitting a lot it could be that you are dehydrated and now vomitting blood and bile. Or it could be that all of the vomitting has caused small tears in your esophagus or throat from straining.

Be very careful and be ready to go back to the hospital if you continue to vomit blood.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment