Does a fever during pregnancy cause autism?

Q. I had a fever the last few days and my fever got up past 102 for about an hour. I recently saw a few articles on fever during pregnancy causing autism and it is really making me paranoid. Anybody else have a fever during pregnancy and how long was your fever?

A. Actually, a fever is said to cause spinal bifida, not autism.


Anyone else get a fever during the 2nd trimester? (Or late 1st) Is your child healthy?
Q. Uggh, I had a fever at 14 weeks. Anyone else have a fever during pregnancy, specifically the 2nd or 1st trimester? Is your child healthy? Do they have any behavioral or emotional probs? THANKS for your help!
Yes, I definitely saw my dr. I did treat it with tylenol, and it immediately went down and didn't come back, but I'm not sure how long I had the fever before I found out.

A. As long as it's not too high, (103) you and your baby should be fine, especially if you got it down. If it is really high, and stays high for a long time, than your baby could have problems, but it sounds like you have it in control.

I got sick several times during all 3 of my pregnancies. It happens to all of us-- 9 months is a long time for anyone to go with out being sick, so don't stress over it too much!


How high does a temperature need to be to be considered a fever during pregnancy?
Q. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and feeling so lousy I thought I might actually be sick. My temperature varies between about 99.2 and 99.7 in degrees Farenheit. I understand that increased progesterone levels can raise body temperature during pregnancy - how high does it need to go before I should worry?
My doctor's office is closed right now - but I'll call tomorrow morning.

Thank you for the answers. If it is at least 100 or 100.6, it sounds like I'm in the clear.

A. well it depends what ur dr says but usually over 100 u should call them


Is it normal to have fevers weekly during pregnancy?
Q. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I've been getting fevers weekly during my pregnancy the doctor says my baby's healthy I'm just wondering if it's normal and safe to almost daily have a mild fever and sometimes a low high fever

A. A fever is a sign that your body is fighting to keep itself healthy. I'm sure baby is fine but my biggest concern is why are you continuing to run fevers. I would talk again with your doctor and ask that he address further what is going on.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment