What are some remedies for headaches for a pregnant woman?

Q. I know Tylenol is safe, but I'm just not comfortable taking it...

I have a very severe headache. Before pregnancy, my headaches will not go away, no matter what, for days, until I take pain relief medications. I'm feeling that it's the same now that I'm pregnant - but I don't want to take Tylenol. Also, this is the first time I get a headache since I got pregnant, I'm 11 weeks.

A. You would be perfectly safe taking tylenol...why torture yourself!!

I've always gotten severe migraines, so when i was pregnant, my doc said if 1000mg of tylenol doesn't work, I could take motrin, but just 1.

Try a hot bath...or lay down in a dark room and listen to some soft music..

Hope something helps!!


What do you do for those awful pregnancy headaches?
Q. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and I get a headache almost daily. My doc says it's ok to take Tylenol, but that has never helped. I have always taken Excedrin and it works like a dream. Now that I'm pregnant, I have taken it a few times, but I know I can't take it daily. What the heck can I do? I have always had headaches, but always been able to take something that knocks them out to. What do you do?

Oh-laying down is not an option as I work full time (secretary) and have 3 more children when I get home. Thanks!
So I called my OB--he called in a prescription for Darvocet..I really questioned him on how on earth this could be safer than excedrin and he was very adimant about not taking aspirin of any kind..alrighty then..now I know.

A. Ask you doctor. They might give you a prescription that is stronger but safe for the baby.


How do pregnancy tests work?
Q. I had sex about 3 weeks ago and the condom broke. I recently started feeling the typical signs of pregnancy; nauseous, headaches, tender breasts, cramps, bloating, mood swings, insomnia, loss of concentration, cravings, as well as the typical pregnancy discharge. I'm buying a pregnancy test tomorrow but I heard that I won't get results until the time my regular period should come... I feel like shit and I can't wait that long.

Or maybe this whole pregnancy thing is in my head?

A. If you don't wait that long you could get a false negative.

Pregnancy tests measure the amount of HCG in your urine, when a woman becomes pregnant she starts to produce HCG, the hormone doubles every 2-3 days so it's best to wait until you miss your period for 2 reasons.

Reason 1 is because you might get your period on time and you wasted money and time testing too early. Reason 2 there might not be enough HCG in your urine to be detected on a hpt because it starts of with a small amount and increases overtime.


Can I be pregnant with Negative at home pregnancy test?
Q. Today I am exactly 1 week late with my period. I have not had any unusual stress that I can think of that would have caused my period to be late. I have taken 3 tests this past week and they have all been negative. I am having some symptoms that could relate to the early signs of pregnancy: Nausea, Headaches, Fatigue, I get slight sharp pains in my stomach and also a little bloating. Has anyone experienced this? Negative tests, but pregnant?

A. You could be pregnant. I would wait a few more days before testing again. Also make sure to test with your first urine of the day since it is more concentrated. If it still comes back negative then you may want to call your doctor. Also women do miss periods for no reason at all. It may be nothing. If you do wait and miss another period i would definitely call the doctor since their may be something going on that is messing with your cycles. Also some women don't test positive on a pregnancy test until much later. The most accurate would be a blood test from your doctor. Hope this helps!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment