What does it mean when fetal movement at my cervix becomes painful?

Q. I've always had some kinda movement at my cervix during my pregnancy. But this morning it is painful when my baby hits my cervix. Is everything ok? Why is it so sensitive?

31 weeks Pregnant

A. I just asked my doctor about this the other day. The baby's head is putting pressure on your cervix. It is nothing to worry about unless you notice bleeding, or the pain doesn't go away. My doctor said that it is just the baby getting ready to be in position for birth. It can happen once or it can happen everyday till the little monkey decides to get here.


If your cervix is closed during pregnancy, why do some have cervical mucus?
Q. I've read a lot that the cervix is supposed to remain firm and closed during pregnancy. If that's true, then why do some women have extra vaginal discharge, such as leukhorrea, when pregnant if their cervix is closed?

A.


What does your cervix feel like if your pregnant?
Q. If you've felt your cervix during a pregnancy, what does it feel like?
I know it's a little tmi, but can you describe it?

A. You check your cervix all you want (just wash your hands first!) Some people's are difficult to get to, they're pretty far back. That said, a pregnant cervix gets like pretty hard cartilage, like the tip of your nose.


If your cervix is closed during pregnancy, why do some have leukhorrea?
Q. I've read a lot that the cervix is supposed to remain firm and closed during pregnancy. If that's true, then why do some women have extra vaginal discharge, such as leukhorrea, when pregnant if their cervix is closed?

A. it isn't the cervix that produces the discharge,its the vagina itself.the vagina is self cleaning (the discharge is the way it does it).an increase in discharge while pregnant is completely normal

leukorrhea is a different thing - it can be a sign of infection and this should always be investigated





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment